Friday, July 5, 2013

That's Amore!

I have a confession: I LOVE DEAN MARTIN!!! Haha, I have for the past 10-15 years or so. I was listening to some of his music today when That's Amore came on. If you're unfamiliar with the song or just haven't heard it in a while, it is sung in a mix of English and Italian (Engliano perhaps? Is that a phrase? If it isn't, it should be!) So here is the song! And I will have a list of the Italian he uses in the song and what it means in English below =)


Amore-Love
Vita Bella-Beautiful life
Tarantella-A rapid whirling dance originating in southern Italy.
Pasta Fazool (should be pasta fagioli)-Means "pasta and beans" and it is a traditional meatless Italian dish.
Signore-Sir
Scuzza me (should be mi scusi)-Excuse me

And that's it! Easy enough =) 

~Ciao Ciao Bella~

PS- All the Italian players got knocked out of Wimbledon =/ We'll see how they do at the US Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment