Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dolce far niente

I watched Eat Pray Love today. I wasn't expecting much from the movie because it got quite bad reviews, but I really enjoyed it! And I learned a new phrase!!

It is 'dolce far niente' which means 'sweetness in doing nothing.' I knew there was a reason I liked Mediterranean culture so much! I tend to get in a rut of rushing around and trying to get stuff done and feeling overwhelmed, but when I am in the Mediterranean, I can feel the attitude of 'dolce far niente' in the air, so I step back, relax and enjoy the little moments.

Although I might not need to get into the 'dolce far niente' state of mind just yet! I am already having trouble getting motivated to finish my course work!

I learned some new ways to say goodbye as well! So I will leave you with:

A presto e stammi bene! (See you soon and take care!)

~Ciao Bella~

No comments:

Post a Comment