Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ciao di nuovo

Hi again! I have a few updates!! I've joined Google+ and I am hoping to increase my use of Google+ and decrease my use of Facebook. This, however, depends on if more people will make the switch to Google+ because at the moment, I only have 3 friends who appear to use Google+ on a semi regular basis. I do know that I will no longer post any travel photos to Facebook since I am not a huge fan of their photo copyright policies, so many photos from now on will be loaded through Google+.

Ok, that was a bit off topic, just a heads up. The main reason I wanted to bring Google+ up was because I found a good starter lesson of Italian through a community on Google+. I'm not sure how often they will be uploading videos, but I found it really helpful and I could actually understand most of what she was saying even though I haven't studied much Italian because it is so similar to Spanish! There where a few words from the lesson that did not mean the same in Italian as Spanish though- these false cognates can easily trip you up!

These are the 2 that come to mind from the lesson: Loro and Siete. In Spanish 'Loro' means 'Parrot', but in Italian it means 'They'. In Spanish 'Siete' means '7', but in Italian it means 'are' for the plural form of you-Voi.

They also appear to have other Italian Language programmes available to watch on their Youtube channel which I will check out later, but for now, here is Laura with la prima lezione di Italiano =)




~Ciao Ciao Bella~

No comments:

Post a Comment